Saturday 1 March 2014

Rogue Trader Predator!

So after I finished the Land Speeder a couple of weeks ago I decided to crack on with my Rogue Trader Predator Tank that is destined to join my Salamanders Army.

This morning I finished off the lights/lamps, tracks and guns....

I decided to go for a gold finish on the weapons barrels to provide a good spot colour and a fairly calm yellow for the lamps; toned down with a brown wash. 


In the afternoon I moved onto a few markings for this venerable vehicle....

I decided to keep it simple on the main chassis with images copied directly from the 1989 Space Marine painting guide. In light of this I went for a fairly simple flame symbol in yellow and the original 80's Salamander chapter symbol + free text in white.

On the turret I went for a nice free hand gothic numeral three to tie it in with the two Rhinos that have preceded it. Overall I'm happy with the salvage job I have done to save this lovely old model and I can't wait to play with it. Next I'm going to paint up some free hand banners for this models flagpoles.....I'll keep you posted!


2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Beautiful work on the Predator! It really harks back to the classic Rogue Trader look and I am totally envious of both your haul of old models and your freehand skills!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks on all counts!

    I wish I had more chance to practice my free hand symbols!!

    ReplyDelete