Thursday 24 July 2014

Rise of the Titans!!!

Given that BOYL 2014 is now looming on the horizon I decided to pull my finger out and finish off my ongoing Production of six Epic Titans for the vast showdown between Chico, Thantsants, myself and assorted others that we have planned!

In light of this I have literally destroyed myself in my limited spare time in order to try and get these beasts done...and finally they are finished. 

I have given each of the Warlords (there's three of them) a hand painted banner...as you can see I was going for the early 90s colourful comic book style:




One banner bears the stylised 'T' symbol of the Legio Titanicus; another has the cybernetic skull of the Legio Metalica whilst the final one has some of my favourite yellow and black chevrons.

I gave the models a spray of purity seal to protect them...and was horrified to see a layer of semen like residue form on their beautiful carapaces!!!!! After much swearing I found a glaze of GW Bloodletter (red) reduced this problem somewhat. It is an issue I have had with varnish before and is a risk you run when spraying in hot or moist weather!


I have also finally finished off the bases with a sprinkle of static grass and the addition of the original card, rotary void shield counters.

Phew... Thank God these boys are done, I'm looking forward to seeing them in action...




11 comments:

  1. Good job mate, looking forward to testing supa lifta droppas on them all Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Utterly brilliant looking force there. The colour schemes really look the part for a classic Epic battle report!

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate; I hope I've captured that retro look with them!

      Delete
  3. Ooooo, so gorgeous! Candy eye, I really must get back to Epic again! Look what both you and Chico are doing to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get back on the Epic band wagon mate! It makes such a nice change from 28mm!!

      Delete
  4. An inspiring sight to be sure, bonus points for getting the yellows to look so damn good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks; I'm not even going to begin to tell you how many layers of yellow it took.... So many

      Delete
  5. Very nice looking forward to seeing them in the flesh
    Cheers
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate; I'm looking forward to getting them on the table top and seeing what damage they can do!

      Delete