Sunday 28 February 2016

Terminator Genisys Endoskeletons...or Fallout 4 Synths?

Sometimes it's nice to branch out in the hobby and experience new things that take us slightly out of our comfort zone, whether that be through new games systems, new miniatures or new painting styles.

Recently my fabulously supportive girlfriend bought me a copy of the new Terminator: Genisys boxed game from Warlord Games after I watched the movie and was once again hooked on this formidable franchise.




Let's be honest, at some point every single one of us has wanted to be John Connor or Kyle Reese...fighting the good fight and leading the Human Resistance against the insidious machine forces of Skynet....and finally there is now a table top game that lets us do just that.


I'll review the game at a later date but for now I just wanted to share the miniatures I have painted thus far.

I have started off with the Terminators (T-800's to be precise), and I painted up the initial ten that come in the main box, plus a further eight normal endoskeletons and an additional five special weapons troopers.


These models are great (though the metal special weapons troops are a little fragile) and really capture the look of the iconic machines from the films.


This fellow here is a command terminator with some form of handheld 'tricorder' and so I used him to add a bit of color to the force with some Object Source Lighting (OSL) in green.



This terminator is firing two plasma rifles in  pose very reminiscent of the intro scene from Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

The set also comes with a number of damaged terminators (aka crawlers), the T-800 is a pretty durable unit and so when it is injured in the game it can potentially survive and return to life as a crawler that persists in dragging itself towards your troops.

'That Terminator is out there...it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse and it absolutely will not stop until you are dead!'



From my own personal perspective I am also aiming to utilise these awesome figures in my homebrew Fallout games as proxies for the Synths from Fallout 4 (there you go Orlygg...I promised I had something up my sleeve for these guys). Above we can see them engaging a group of NCR Rangers that appear to have traveled a long way from home...I can only see this fight going one way!

Overall these models were a joy to paint and I was able to churn out twenty-three of them in a week or so of painting sessions... that's the joy of mass produced chrome endoskeletons.

Next up I will need to paint up the stack of human resistance fighters that are waiting patiently on my paint station.

6 comments:

  1. Love both Fallout and Terminator with added 40k on top so I'm a happy panda right now ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers JB! I have to say these models are the perfect unity of all three settings!!

      I'm looking forward to getting them on the table for a bit of gaming action soon!

      Delete
  2. Cool! They look ace! Du-du Du-du Dunn. Du-du Du-du Dunn. (well, you get the idea...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Suber!! That's a good rendition of the theme! I actually downloaded the Terminator soundtrack and listened to it while I painted!

      Delete
  3. I look forward to your resistance fighters, you're talents will be needed, I think you will agree once you start on them.
    I spent an afternoon with a good friend helping with his starter box, they turned out fine but I found them draining.
    I look forward to seeing these synths in action during your fallout in 2nd edition, for detective Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm what was wrong with the resistance fighters... They are on my to do list but if they're weary then I might push them back a bit.

      I'm currently painting up some reinforcement for the Brotherhood of Steel!

      Delete